Troubleshooting the tracking code of AffiliationSoftware
This tutorial explains how to verify if a campaign has been properly configured. You can test the AffiliationSoftware tracking code by following these simple steps.
How to set up an advertising campaign
1. Create your advertising campaign and verify that you have set at least a level 1 commission.
2. Enter at least one banner or link with which the affiliates may promote this campaign.
3. Generate the tracking code by selecting the right campaign and place it into the “thank you page” of your website.
How to verify your campaign tracking code
1. Log in to the Affiliate Panel with a test account, if needed, sign up for the campaign, then go to the “Banner and Link” page.
2. Click on a banner/link URL or copy and paste the destination URL into the browser’s address bar, then verify that the click appears in your statistics.
3. If the tracking code has already been placed on your website, simulate a purchase (or a lead) and verify that the commission is registered.
4. If tracking code has not been placed yet, copy and paste the tracking URL into your browser address bar and verify that the commission is registered.
If the commission is registered properly in your affiliate program it means that this campaign is working.